lunes, 26 de noviembre de 2007

Diálogo

G: All right. Let's go over it again, one more time.
J: All right. So I tell Sandy that I want to have a ménage à trois with her and her roommate.
G: That's right.
J: And you believe this course of action will have a two-pronged effect. Firstly, the very mention of the idea will cause Sandy to recoil in disgust, whereupon she will insist that I remove myself from the premises.
G: Keep going.
J: At this point, it is inevitable that she will seek out the roommate to apprise her of this abhorrent turn of events.
G: Continue.
J: The roommate will then offer her friend the requisite sympathy even as part of her cannot help but feel somewhat flattered by her inclusion in the unusual request.
{George takes over.}
G: A few days go by and a call is placed at a time when Sandy is known to be busy at work. Once the initial awkwardness is relieved with a little playful humor, which she [Laura] of course cannot resist, an invitation to a friendly dinner is proffered.
J: Huh. Well, it all sounds pretty good. There's only one flaw in it: They're roommates. She'd have to go out with me behind Sandy's back. She's not gonna do that.
{Another pregnant pause. George?}
G: You disappoint me, my friend. Sandy wants nothing to do with you. She tells Laura, "If you want to waste your time with that pervert, that's your problem."
{Final pause. Jerry?}
J: It's a perfect plan. So inspired. So devious. Yet so simple.
G: {George, finger in the peanut butter jar}: This is what I do.

No hay comentarios: